Honley Station to Hall Bower Circular Walk
Distance: 2.7 miles / 4.3km
Difficulty Rating: Moderate
Start and Finish Point: Honley Station, Station Approach, Off Station Road, Honley
Considerations: Parts of this route can get muddy in wet weather. There are several styles to climb and some uphill sections to negotiate .
Overview: A great walk for visitors to Honley as the route starts from Honley Station and offers some amazing views across the Holme Valley. There are a couple of sections where the footpaths are linked by short walks along the road, and the pavement can be narrow in places, so please take care on these sections.
- Walk down Station Approach and turn right on to Northgate.
- Head up the hill with Honley High School on your left.
- Follow the road as it bears right and crosses the railway line.
- Take the footpath on the corner (next to Park Riding house), and follow it diagonally up the hill.
- Pass the noticeboard for Upper Park Wood Local Nature Reserve and take the style into the woods.
- When you exit the woods the path takes you right, over a style and past a house. At the track turn left.
- Follow the footpath across Park Lane and through Stirley Community Farm.
- Turn right on to Hall Bower Lane.
- After 500 yards, take the footpath just before the row of houses on your right-hand side and climb the hill.
- At the top of the hill, turn right on Ashes Lane.
- Follow the road straight ahead as it changes to Hey Lane and bears left towards Hey Lane Cemetery.
- Pass the Cemetery entrance and take the footpath on your right.
- Continue heading down the hill and re-join the footpath that leads to Northgate.
- Follow the road downhill, this time with the school on your right.
- Turn left into Station Approach.
Warning: This is a cross country route over fields and styles. Please wear suitable footwear and clothing.