Opening TimesMon: 9am - 5pm
Tue: 9am - 5pm
Wed: 9am - 5pm
Thu: 9am - 5pm
Fri: 9am - 5pm
Keeping your employees healthy
If you run or manage a business – whether it’s in Honley or not – you’ll be well aware that employees can be your biggest cost. You’ll also know that if they’re happy and healthy, they can also be your biggest asset.
That’s why it makes sense to look after your employees, which is where Commercial Occupational Health Services Limited (COHS), can help.
COHS was founded by Dr Nicola Dann, a GP. She works from Holme Valley Clinic on Church Street, helping people with work-related medical issues.
“Through COHS, we can make a big difference to a person’s health and wellbeing. We often spend up to an hour, on-site with an employee, getting to know their work environment and their medical issues, which might be physical or mental,” said Dr Dann.
It’s not just the employee that benefits. By helping employees to better manage their health, COHS help companies to reduce sickness levels and often increase productivity, which can add up to big cost savings.
How COHS can help
There are many ways in which Dr Dann and her team can help businesses to keep their staff fit and healthy at work. Their doctor-led services include:
- Health surveillance – making sure you’re meeting the legal health and safety requirements.
- Occupational health – helping your people get back to work or stay in work following illness or accident.
- Sickness absence review – it costs a lot to have staff on long-term sick. Sometimes small adjustments can make all the difference.
- Health and well-being – prevention is better than a cure. Promotional health campaigns and regular health checks can address potential health issues before they become a problem.
- DVLA medicals – keep your drivers on the road. COHS cover everything from DVLA class 2 medicals to forklift truck and other commercial driving needs.
- Diving medicals – as an HSE approved diving medical provider COHS offer full medicals for professional deep-sea divers.
- Mental health services – looking after the mental health of employees is equally as important as physical health.
- Covid-19 support – professional support and advice on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on health and safety, and the ongoing mental and physical welfare of staff.
As Dr Dann also works in primary care, COHS clients have the added benefit of her knowledge of the healthcare sector. If a medical issue needs further investigation or, as in rare cases, a person can’t return to work, Dr Dann will direct them to the relevant support services.
If you run or manage a company that wants to look after their employees and improve performance, have a chat with the COHS team today.