Neiley to Netherthong circular run
Distance: c. 5 miles / 8km
Difficulty Rating: Moderate
Considerations: The majority of this run takes place on the road or tracks. Suitable for most seasons.
The first half of this route is pretty much uphill all the way. Of course, what goes up must come down, so the second part through Netherthong, is a little easier going. It finishes off with a nice flat run-in along New Mill Road.
If you’ve any energy left, you could always sprint back to Neiley Pavilion!
- From Neiley Pavilion turn right on to New Mill Road
- Take the first left on to Eastgate
- At the traffic lights go straight ahead, then turn left on to Turnpike
- At the top of Turnpike, cross the road and take the track signed Honley Cricket Club
- Follow the footpath at the righthand side of the cricket club entrance
- Pass through the barrier into the recreation ground and continue straight ahead to the top of the field.
- Turn right on to Jaggar Lane,
- Then turn immediately left down the footpath.
- Continue straight ahead along the footpath and roads through Roundway until you meet Stony Lane
- Turn left and continue along Stony Lane for approx. 100m.
- When you pass the community centre (on your left) turn right on to Springfield Avenue
- At the top of Springfield Avenue, turn left on to Long Lane
- Continue along Long Lane to the end
- Turn right on to Oldfield Road and continue for 0.9 mile.
- Turn left onto Miry Lane (warning narrow country road with no pavement).
- After 0.3 miles turn left on to St Mary’s Road.
- Continue along St Mary’s Road which then joins Deanhouse
- From Deanhouse, continue more or less straightforward – slight left/right dogleg – on to Deanhouse Lane which then joins Dean Brook Road
Warning: The run includes country roads with no pavements. Please take care when running this route. Always wear hi-vis clothing and suitable footwear, and run in a group.